The Bullring

The Bullring, ca. 1910

Photograph of the Bullring, ca. 1910. Regional and Campus History Collection, Archival and Special Collections, University of Guelph Library (RE1 OAC A0219).

The Bullring was built in 1901 as a pavilion used to show animals for the purposes of study and judging shows. Today it is a popular student coffee house run by the Central Students Administration.

The Bullring is just off Branion Plaza and, therefore, stands amidst several brutalist buildings, including the University Centre, the MacNaughton and MacKinnon buildings, and the McLaughlin Library.