This trade card advertised E.R. Bollert & Co. , a gentlemans clothier and outfitter shop that was located at 27 Wyndham Street, Guelph, Ont. This shop was named after E.R. Bollert, president of the Guelph's Humane Society. Bollert was recognized for his exhibition of bravery and acts of heroism. Bollert was looked up to by the city of Guelph. In July of 1898 Bollert presented Charles Sully with a medal of Heroism on behalf of Guelph's Humane Society for rescuing a man from drowning. On July, 9th, 1898 The Globe and Mail published an article recognizing Bollert and Sully for their contribution to the community of Guelph and the newly awarded medal.
Although it is currently unclear as to why this company is named after E.R. Bollert there is a strong possibility it has to do with his positive impact on the city of Guelph. Bollert was a man recognized for his bravery and heroism which positively advertised this company to the community. Men and boys looking up to Bollert may have felt a stronger desire to buy from this store as apposed to other clothier and outfitter shops in business during this time period. (The Globe and Mail, 1898)