This trade card was created in 1884 by J.M. Bufford’s Sons. J.M. Bufford’s Sons was a lithography company that was located in Boston, Massachusetts. They produced a variety of cards such as presidential cards, pictured advertising cards, address cards, and cards for churches and Sunday schools. This card was created using a process called lithography. A card such as this one would be produced in bulk for the jobbing house to be distributed to buyers with the hopes of the trade cards being spread around. (Greg & Connie Peters http://www.artoftheprint.com/mainpages/artindtrade_cards.htm)
This trade card belongs to the University of Guelph’s Archive and Special Collections.